Thursday, July 21, 2011

The return of the classic movie star: Timothy Gibbs stars in Epic Pictures new thriller 11 11 11

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Free-Press-Release.com) July 18, 2011 --
To a theater near you this November, Capacity Pictures (USA) and Canonigo Films (Spain) brings "11 11 11", the highly anticipated new phycological thriller from director Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw) and Producer Wayne Rice (Valentine's Day).

In a rarely seen move in Hollywood, the filmmakers chose a relative unknown American actor, Timothy Gibbs (Sex and the City) to carry what easily could have been a star vehicle. And if the most recent trailer (see 111111themovie.com ) is any indication, their choice will pay off. Timothy Gibbs (who plays "Joseph Crone" in the film) has an on screen look that brings to mind early American cinema superstars like Montgomery Clift and Carey Grant. Gibbs' rugged good looks are authentic, he's good looking to the core without being pretty or unreal. He's the handsome man next door- if the man next door looked like a cross between George Clooney, a young Mel Gibson and an even younger Clint Eastwood.

But with all the hoopla over his looks, it's his on screen emotional presence that draws you in. Gibbs is one actor who is not afraid to emote, which for this movie buff is a breath of fresh air. As I sat with Mr. Gibbs watching pieces of the 11 11 11 rough cut recently, I was struck by the fact that even without the benefit of postproduction his performance was nuanced and compelling. I was moved by his "Joseph". I understood and believed his pain.

I asked Tim, in our recent interview for Metropolis, about his approach to his work and what it feels like to be looking stardom in the face after spending so many years working to achieve it. His answers, some unexpectedly direct, may surprise you. Here's a short exerp...

Michael Rouley: To hear you tell it you were going to quit the acting business after three decades. Why?

Timothy Gibbs: "Well... For one I'm not a fan of all the bullshit that goes on in Hollywood. I don't go to the parties or strategically cultivate relationships with "the right people". I am in love with the process of making movies, not the process of getting movies made. But let's be transparent; I wouldn't be talking to you if I were totally against playing the game. I mean... This is me getting the word out on me by talking about me for the purposes of it benefiting me, so... Don't let me take you for a ride..."

MR: When I first sat down to interview you, I spouted off a list of four or five famous actors who you remind me of... Is that frustrating to you; to always be compared to other actors lookswise?

TG: "I'm lucky to have all my limbs and faculties. And those other guys you mentioned aren't ugly, right? So I have nothing to say but thanks for the compliment. I will say that what is most interesting, individually, about each of the folks you named is not what they look like at all. It's what they've done with their talent and subsequent fame."

Check out the full interview with the star of the new thriller 11 11 11, Timothy Gibbs, in the September issue of Metropolis.



View the original article here



Peliculas Online

No comments:

Post a Comment